Tuesday 4 June 2013

My Favourite Colours


White 
WEEKEND INSPIRATION: White Bridesmaid Dresses // Jordan McBride



White colour means colourless for some people. To me, it represents purity, innocence, virginity, heaven, perfect and cleanliness whereas in the view of psychology it represents a new beginning and opens the way for the creation of anything the mind can conceive. The most reason that white colour is my favourite colour is it is pure at all, without any dirt or any strong impression of other colour.

There are different interpretations of white colour in different countries. The best and easiest way to differentiate the symbolism of white colour for different countries is separate into western and eastern countries. According to Jennifer Bourn (2010), white is the traditional colour worn by brides in western countries to indicate purity and virginity whereas white is the colour for mourning and funerals in most of the eastern countries.
 

I feel glad and cheerful when I see white colour thing such as white snow, white guitar and white dress and so on. I have a lot of white dresses and clothes in my wardrobe which shows I like white colour very much.


Blue 

Another colour that I like instead of white is blue colour. When I think of blue colour I will think of blue sky as I like watching to the sky when I am daydreaming. Blue signifies calm, cool, imagination, trust, loyalty, sincerity, wisdom, and confidence. That is why we should add some colour of blue in our life to make ourselves calm and chill instead of pursuing busy life such as red colour.

Reference
Jennifer Bourn. (2010). Color Meaning: Meaning of The Color White. Retrieved from http://www.bourncreative.com/meaning-of-the-color-blue

Jennifer Bourn. (2010). Color Meaning: Meaning of The Color Blue. Retrieved from http://www.bourncreative.com/meaning-of-the-color-white

No comments:

Post a Comment